Monday, October 4, 2010

On a rainy afternoon


Ok. Totally should've written prior to today. But whatever. So. Today was my first day of classes. Finally! I've been waiting for weeks to get his thing started. Unfortunately, I didn't make it today. That's right. Didn't even make it out the door this morning. Why? Good question. Well, essentially, Im feeling a little under the weather and it's pouring rain outside. On top of that, two of the classes I picked were essentially the same and I as advised to take only one of them. And that would be the class I decided not to attend today. So, it sortof works out. And seeing as they don't really do attendance here and plus the fact that you don't even register for classes, makes it a bit easier to miss the first time around. What did I do instead? Well, after sleeping nearly until noon- ugh I hate it when I do that- I decided I needed some breakfast er...lunch. Well, I wasn't too much of a blob today that I couldn't do a little cooking. I made French Toast! Pretty much I had this baguette that was going stale- which apparently is the best kind of bread for making French toast and decided it was perfect for the ingredients. Had some milk, a few eggs, sugar, and even some butter. So, within about 15 minutes I wiped up myself a batch of homemade french toast. Unfortunately, they don't exactly have maple syrup around these parts or this country rather, and I hadn't bought any honey. So, I sliced up a banana, busted out the jar of Skippy Peanut Butter and went to town! It was quite gratifying. Although there's still nothing like a spill of warm sugary sweet syrup, I must say. But in any case, my appetite was appeased. What's the rest of the day looking like? Well, besides wet, I don't really know. Suppose I'll enjoy some "me" time. Perhaps I'll read a book.

No comments: