Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Beginning of the Final Season

Ecco! It's been nearly a week that I've started classes. Officially 3 days. And tomorrow is the last for the week. I must say it has been both challenging and interesting, fascinating and surprising. With each day I am learning to intentionally and purposefully embrace what is in front of me. I am learning to entrust my every moment and every experience to God. "Lord, whatever comes, whatever I face, I will face it with You. I trust You. I will not worry or doubt. I know that You are for me and that something wonderful is going to happen today." In just these few days alone, sure I've had awkward moments, even hours where I'm pretty much clueless. But I just dive in and search for the good, the hopeful, the informative, the exciting in it. And I Find It! Today, one of my professors, unexpectedly had me stand up and introduced me to the whole class. Letting everyone know that I am, obviously, not Italian, but am an American student and well whatever else she said. I don't really know. At any rate, I felt extremely awkward and all that I could do as I stood there with hunched shoulders was utter a very quiet and timid "Ciao". But, it was okay. The day before, in two of my courses, a few of the students sitting beside or near me found out that I was an American and noticed how, well lost apparently, that I was that they offered their assistance. They themselves began speaking what English they knew and one girl even translated some of the lecture for me. So, here I am running into all these little blessings. It makes even the most challenging times somehow meaningful and hopeful. Not to mention, though it's difficult for me to dictate what the professors are saying, I can understand, albeit vaguely, and here particular words or expressions and write them down.
Anyway, all this to say that, something wonderful awaits me this semester. For this last leg of my journey. I already feel the growth and additional transformation. And I am expectant. Every season contains its own distinctive Beauty. I am determined to find "la Bellezza" in this one.

No comments: