Monday, October 25, 2010

A restful weekend

Terribly inconsistent with this thing. Anyway, life has been good. This weekend I was finally able to return to Piemonte for a long awaited visit. How I miss that place. Anyway, at the beginning it was supposed to be this big event. There was to be a Hillsong Concert in Torino. We were going to get this big group together- friends of Tracey's and people from the bible study I attend here in Milano- have a big picnic and then as a massive group all head over to Torino for an awesome night of praise and worship. Well it didn't turn out that way. Out of all the people I invited, only one came. Everyone I told really wanted to go but for some reason, it just seemed to be the wrong weekend. And then my friend Veronica messaged me saying she would like to come.
And with the way things turned out, I guess it was meant to be. We planned to catch the 2:15 train on Friday afternoon. We were both to meet around 1:45 at Centrale Station, purchase our tickets, hop on the train and reach Casale Monferrato by 4:00 at which time Tracey would be there to pick us. However, it didn't really work out that way. Turns out, we both ended up missing the train. Took me forever to get my ticket and by the time I did, the 2:15 had already left and the next one wouldnt be leaving until 3:15. So I bascially waited around the station for an extra hour, at this point absolutely clueless as to where Veronica was. Well, turns out Veronica hadn't come to the station yet. She'd gone to a meeting that was apparently so interesting, she forget the time. It was already like 2pm when she looked up at the clock. Long story a little bit shorter, we both ended up getting on the same train and were able to meet up in the middle of the train ride. Well, we didn't reach Casale until 6:30. But it worked out anyway. On the way there, we were finally able to have a real conversation for the first time. We'd spoken before, but really hadn't had the opportunity to get to know each other. The more we talked the more it seemed we had in common. Especially with our walks with God and what he had been teaching us recently. It just seemed it was meant to be.
We got to the concert and had an absolute blast. Even ran into a few friends I didn't realize were going to be there. The next two days were pretty mellow; the fireplace going, sipping hot tea while curled up with a good book, awesome conversations about God and what he's doing in our lives. I also showed Veronica around the area a bit. Unfortunately it was really cloudy so we weren't able to really get a good view of the surrounding countryside, but it was still beautiful. It was the perfect weekend of rest and recuperation. I was none too pleased to return to Milano, but no worries. I shall be returning to Piemonte very soon.

No comments: