Friday, October 15, 2010

Lately...

I've been meaning to do this for the past few days. But its me again. As I stated in my last entry, I've officially started classes. They're going well- the parts that I can understand anyway. But I can honestly say that I understand Italian better now than I did before I started my classes only like 2 weeks ago. Now thats progress people. What else is new? Well not a whole lot. Meeting new people and making a few friends. Life is good. The weather has taken a noticeable shift to the cooler side. Fall is here and I couldn't be more excited. I love the briskness of everything and that innate desire to have something warm and sweet to drink. I can't tell you how many nostalgic moments I've had just walking around the city. Visions of Thanksgivings past, mom's homemade sweet-potato pie and crunchy brown leaves sweeping across the sidewalk. Oh yes, I do love Autumn. And to make things even better, next weekend I finally get to return back to my beloved Piemonte. I can't wait to see how the rolling countryside has transformed since I last laid eyes on it. So that's something I have to look forward to. For this weekend though, I think I'll just take it easy. Maybe, I'll tour the city, try out a few new cafes, do a little window-shopping. Perfect way to spend the brisk Autumn days.

No comments: